Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Job TitleAutoCAD Drafter
Acuren is currently looking for a qualified AutoCAD Operator/Drafter. The AutoCAD Operator will develop detailed design drawings and specifications for piping and vessels to the required technical quality as well as convert field ISO sketches into AutoCAD. The incumbent will also be responsible for entering technical data into the mechanical integrity data management system.
- Review and analyze specifications, sketches, drawings, and related data to assess factors affecting the structure of piping and vessels, and the procedures and instructions to be followed.
- Confer with customer representatives to review schematics and answer questions pertaining to results.
- Working from sketches, notes and other input materials, develop detailed AutoCAD drawings.
- Review of contract documents with team members and checking of drawings for accuracy and coordination
- Enter provided data into mechanical integrity data management system
- Perform other job related tasks as assigned by management
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 year degree in Mechanical Drafting, CAD, or other related discipline
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in industrial drafting
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2000i and later versions
- Demonstrates working knowledge of relevant aspects of commercial planning and design
- Experience with CAD operation related to pressure vessels and piping
- Knowledge of API codes and other related NDT principles
- Proficient MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Proficient with computer editing software, PhotoShop, Equal
- Strong work ethic
- Exceptional safety and quality awareness
- Mechanical aptitude
- Adaptable to changing schedules
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Team work
- Ability to follow directions and procedures
Physical Demands and Work Conditions
- Moving, carrying, lifting over one pound up to 30 pounds
- Standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, reaching, handling, fingering, feeling, talking, hearing, acuity-near, accommodation and color vision
- Work in and near industrial hazards.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, dental, and supplemental insurance
- 401K Plan
- Paid Holidays
Acuren Inspection, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.