Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. DevOps Engineer
at Altec, Inc.
Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec, Inc., there's never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That's why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that's why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
Work collaboratively with software developers, quality assurance analysts, and the security team to implement, manage, and continuously improve our processes relating to the deployment and operation of software.
- Work with developers to implement continuous integration pipelines
- Implement and manage centralized development tools
- Document and automate deployment processes
- Implement best practices in change management
- Perform OS upgrades, Install patches, and perform application installations
- Implement and administer cloud services
- Monitor infrastructure and services to maximize uptime
- Troubleshoot and help to resolve production issues
- Perform root cause analysis
- Write technical documentation
- Drive continuous improvement
- Remain highly adaptable
- All other duties as assigned
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline strongly preferred, but consideration may be given to an exceptional candidate with 8 years relevant work experience.
- Minimum of four years related DevOps, software development, or operations experience
- Current valid Driver’s License
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
• Retirement 401(k) Program
• Vacation and Holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
• Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.
Altec is the leading provider of products and services to the electric utility, telecommunications and contractor markets. We provide products and services in over 100 countries throughout the world.
For over 80 years, Altec has been a company committed to excellence. Our products are the industry leaders and are consistently raising the bar through innovative product design, integrated safety features, and continued dedication to total customer satisfaction.
- Customer first
- Enjoyment of work
- Financial stability
- People are our greatest strength
- Spiritual development
Altec promotes an environment built on teamwork where knowledge is shared and innovative solutions are the result. The expertise of our Team is as critical to our success as is the effectiveness of our products and solutions. At Altec, you can personally excel and work with peers to build the industry's most innovative products and solutions.