Alvarez & Marsal Holdings, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Associate, Cost Optimization
at Alvarez & Marsal Holdings, LLC
Alvarez & Marsal Private Equity Performance Improvement
A&M PEPI Cost Optimization / Performance Improvement / Cost Reduction / Cost Efficiency
Alvarez & Marsal, a leading independent global professional services firm, specializing in providing turnaround management, performance improvement and corporate advisory services, is seeking to expand its Private Equity Performance Improvement (PEPI) – team in various locations throughout the U.S. With more than 300 professionals based in 40 locations across North America, Europe, Asia, and Latin America, PEPI excels in problem solving and value creation. Drawing on a strong operational heritage and hands-on-approach, our professionals work closely with organizations and stakeholders to help tackle complex business issues and maximize value.
A&M’s Private Equity Performance Improvement Services (PEPI) practice, with offices throughout the US, focuses on serving middle market and large cap private equity firms who have engaged A&M to help improve operating results at their portfolio companies.
Our professionals are aligned with a PEPI service line to promote the development of deep functional skills & experiences and to maximize our ability to tailor solutions to solve our clients' business issues.
Our PEPI services include:
- Cost Optimization
- Rapid Results
- Interim Management
- M&A Services
- Supply Chain
- CFO Services
A&M’s Cost Optimization Program is a holistic, cross-functional approach that focuses on quickly identifying high impact opportunities for EBITDA and cash flow improvements across the entire operation, including opportunities to improve revenue, increase margin, reduce cost, and increase cash flow and profitability. A&M’s Cost Optimization focuses on driving significant improvements in operating expense cost structure by simplifying the business, streamlining the organization, and increasing efficiency of overhead spending. The Rapid Results leadership team is focused on providing opportunities leadership skill development, career advancement, training and exposure to international business assignments.
- Working with team members through a time-sensitive project by structuring a performance improvement plan and managing the process through to completion
- Identifying opportunities to significantly reduce Operating Expense cost structure by changing business leadership structure, sales and sales support staffing levels, business unit and functional management structure, and improvements to efficiency of all major back office functions
- Implementing programs to reduce Operating Expense cost structure, including changes to roles and responsibilities, implementation of supporting processes, and execution of workforce reductions
- Working with clients directly to implement strategic and operational recommendations
- Hands on experience through consulting projects or engagement in at least one of the following areas
- Direct, indirect, and labor cost transparency
- Sales & Marketing effectiveness, processes, and incentives
- Operations management, productivity, and efficiency
- Organizational structure and effectiveness
- Non-labor cost efficiency
- Process improvement and performance management metrics / KPIs
- Strong written, oral and analytical skills
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Structured project management (time, team and work-stream’s management)
- Initiative and drive
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to deliver time-pressured project on-time and on-quality
- Flexible and creative thinking
- Client relationship building
- 4-7+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience with implementing Operating Expense cost reduction programs
- Recent project leadership experience
- Flexibility to travel up to 80% of the time
- Depth in a particular industry vertical a PLUS (e.g., industrial, business services, distribution, consumer products and retail)
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Alvarez & Marsal was founded in 1983 when Tony Alvarez II and Bryan Marsal recognized the opportunity to provide radically different advice and hands-on support to organizations facing operational and financial hurdles – situations demanding action, objectivity and real results.
Mavericks determined to challenge the prevailing approach to management consulting, Alvarez & Marsal's (A&M) founders helped pave the way for what became an industry: turnaround management, corporate restructuring and performance improvement for companies and stakeholders.
Often compared to corporate doctors, the founders built a culture through the years – blending together a mix of operating managers, functional experts and consultants. The firm grew at a measured pace to maintain quality and increase A&M's global reach and capabilities.
Committed to its core values, A&M has since evolved from a boutique player to the premier independent global professional services firm with a reputation for providing leadership, problem-solving and value-creation to under performing and robust companies across the industry spectrum. The firm today tackles wide ranging issues, with a focus on preserving and maximizing enterprise value.
With an operational heritage and depth of senior resources, A&M teams are able to rapidly diagnose and execute practical solutions in complex business environments by:
- Understanding Opportunities and Challenges
- Collaborating and Listening
- Planning and Partnering
- Building Consensus
- Supporting and Guiding / Leading
- Establishing a Self-Sustaining Organization
When the stakes are high, companies and stakeholders look to A&M to help find the right answer and deliver the solution in a variety of service areas. Whether serving as trusted advisers or in interim management roles to accelerate positive change, A&M professionals are on the ground across North America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Latin America – drawing on a proud operational heritage, never resting on our laurels.