Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Segment Consultant/ Retail Bank Senior Project Manager
at BBVA Compass
- Job ID
- Site Name
- AL-BIRMINGHAM-CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS
- RETAIL BANKING - CORPORATE
- Work Location
- FLSA Status
- FULL TIME
- EOE Statement
- Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans.
Lead the Retail Bank engineering and technology project management efforts impacting all Retail Bank and Wealth products and platforms of a top 25 US Bank. Work across product, sales, platform, engineering, risk, and security teams to prioritize projects, define requirements, manage engineering projects and ensure successful acceptance and usage in the field.
Work with the Product, Sales and Engineering teams to translate strategic objectives into executable projects and develop plans for achieving stated objectives. Must be able to communicate with senior leaders effectively and lead teams in agile methodology with and without direct supervisory authority. Must be able to problem solve, prioritize and modify requirements using sound business analysis and judgment
Set KPIs to track and manage successful rollouts in the field.
Manage a team of direct reports as well as indirects across functional areas to ensure superior engineering implementation and rollout into the field.
Provide monthly readouts and more frequent updates to the head of the Retail, Wealth, Engineering, and other senior leaders
- Coordinates project planning, resourcing, staffing, supply and subcontract management, progress reporting, troubleshooting and people management in support of project delivery, implementation, and adoption.
- Ensures project results meet requirements regarding technical quality, reliability, schedule, cost, usage, and improvement in key business KPIs such as sales and cross-sales.
- Monitors performance (KPIs) and recommends schedule changes, cost adjustments or resource additions to optimize project delivery across ~80 projects per year
- Serves as the single point of accountability and contact point for customer communication and issue resolution as well as accountability for all aspects of project delivery.
- Solves technical and non-technical problems throughout the life of the project, but tries to resolve problems during the design and planning phases whenever possible.
- Provides timely and accurate information and status updates to the Retail Bank Wealth Management Group and Engineering leadership team as wells as, end users and engineering teams
- Responsible for budget development and evaluating how project plan changes impact cost and schedule.
- May be responsible for feasibility studies and field trials management.
- Reviews high level deliverables across projects.
- Minimizes high level scope and risk across projects.
- Issues stop-work order when adverse risk is identified.
- Manages a team of direct and indirect reports, to achieve stated goals
- Seven or more years relevant experience in project management or business analysis.
- Three or more years in Retail Banking or Business Banking environment
- Experience running very large teams of indirect reports across multiple locations and disciplines through subject matter expertise, skills, and maintaining a strategic vision
- Experience presenting recommendations to senior executive directors
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organization skills at the executive level
- Experience working as part of a cross functional team with technical staff and business users at all levels of the organization.
- Strong familiarity with project management software, such as Project Office, Excel, and other project management tools.
- Strong organizational, research, analytical and problem-solving skills to evaluate situations, make recommendations and take effective action.
- Experience converting a strategic vision into detailed project requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, business management, engineering or related field.
- Certifications in Project Management preferred (PMP, CAPM, APMC, American Academy of Project Management
- Retail Bank product and sales platform experiences