Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Data Architect III
at BBVA Compass
- Job ID
- Site Name
- AL-BIRMINGHAM-BIRMINGHAM SERVICE CENTER
- Work Location
- FLSA Status
- FULL TIME
- EOE Statement
- Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans.
The Data Architect must have strong requirements gathering, project scoping and analytical leadership skills in maintaining and supporting multiple applications and deadlines. The position is responsible for executing all aspects of both functional & technical architecture with heavier focus on the data aspects of technical solution design, application development work efforts including project analysis, requirements gathering, technical specification, development/build, unit testing, end user acceptance testing, production deployment, post-implementation support. The position will require someone who can work on ad-hoc requests as an individual performer. On larger projects the data architect will work with the assigned project manager in design, execution and delivery.
- Understanding business and system needs, issues, data and system impacts related to the technology platforms supported.
- Ensuring that any changes that may be introduced to the project or technology platforms are feasible, actionable, effective, testable and efficient.
- Work with project teams across all Lines of Business as SME to move existing application from legacy environments to new cloud environment.
- Work with Head of Data team to identify redundant legacy systems, and design a strategy to move data and users from legacy systems to cloud.
- Support Solutions Architecture team with all projects Cloud related.
- Work as SME with US, Holding and Mexico implementation teams to ensure the cloud environment meets the technical and business needs for Compass.
- Design, approve and implement MongoDB data models for all projects moving to the cloud environment.
- Support all LOB’s as primary point of contact for Big Data or Data Lake questions or issues in the Cloud environment.
Helpful to Have:
- Experience in the financial services industry
- Spanish speaking