Brasfield & Gorrie General Contractors
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Construction Technology Specialist
at Brasfield & Gorrie General Contractors
- Job ID
Brasfield & Gorrie’s Information Technology department has an exciting opportunity available for an IT Construction Technology Specialist (IT Business Analyst) in our Birmingham or Atlanta office. The ideal candidate has a background in construction operations and an interest in and aptitude for construction technology. This role will serve as a liaison between the IT department and our construction project teams to assist in software selection, tracking its success, and implementing improvements company-wide. Desired candidates are analytical, have a drive to improve systems and processes, have a proven ability to utilize software to its fullest capacity, and a desire to help and train others.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Identify, conduct, and present research and development of software products to improve company systems and processes
- Organize and lead software pilots with selected teams for products selected by Brasfield & Gorrie
- Assist with planning and participate in implementation of new tools and/or workflows
- Document best practices of current software programs for company-wide access
- Troubleshoot user problems and workflows
- Facilitate vendor communication and feedback
- Organize, coordinate, and train regional resources for software and systems
- Setup and perform regular training sessions for users
- Bridge gap between end-users and the IT department to improve technology use on construction sites
Education - Skills - Knowledge - Qualifications & Experience
- 3+ years of experience in the construction industry
- Bachelor’s degree in construction related field preferred
- Experience working with iPads, iPhones, Android, and Microsoft Surface Tablets
- Advanced proficiency with construction related software such as PlanGrid, Bluebeam, Procore, Egnyte, Webcams, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to use time productively, maximize efficiency, and meet challenging work goals
- Ability to work in a strong collaborative atmosphere
- Ability to work well as a part of a team and independently
- Ability to take on additional responsibilities as needed
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.