Central States Manufacturing
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Flatbed CDL Driver
at Central States Manufacturing
This position is the face of our company and is expected to demonstrate our company values and mission statement at all times. Safety is the first priority to ensure we promote the home safe every time culture. This position is responsible for maintaining and operating company commercial vehicles in accordance with company and government regulations. The second priority is ensuring product is delivered to the customer on time, accurately, and without damage. This position is required to develop a working relationship with the customer that includes open communication of expected delivery times and problem resolution. As a driver for CSMI the employee owner will be required to work alone and self-manage their activities: a substantial portion of time spent at work. This position also requires strong problem solving skills, proper management of DOT regulations, and a strong drive for exceptional customer service.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Inspect truck for defects and safe operating condition before, during and after trips and submit written / electronic report on the condition of the truck at the end of each trip or tour of duty.
• Maintain appearance of truck; inside the cab at all times and outside when conditions permit.
• Apply knowledge of commercial driving and skills in maneuvering vehicle at varying speeds in difficult situations, such as heavy traffic, inclement weather or in tight loading dock areas.
• Promptly report any delays due to breakdowns, weather or traffic conditions or other emergencies, or in the event of irregularities relating to pickup or delivery of cargo.
• Report all accidents involving driver or company equipment according to company policies.
• Professional representation of the company and the trucking industry through responsible driving.
• Meet all Federal and State requirements for certification and licensing including current FMCSA medical certification, meeting the requirements set forth by Section 391.41, or meet the company requirements for operating a Class 6 or below vehicle.
• Have satisfactory, verifiable experience and/or appropriate training in the transportation of freight.
• Must be able to travel within the company guidelines to all points within the United States
• Meet all company requirements as outlined in the driver safety handbook
• Complete any and all other tasks assigned by management for which the employee is qualified and physically able to perform, with or without a reasonable accommodation
• This is intended to be a summary and not a complete, all-inclusive job description and is subject to change at any time without notice.Requirements
• Has a valid license to operate a motor vehicle.
• 21 years of age
• Must have the ability to read, write and perform simple mathematical calculations with the mental ability to handle; receipts, read maps, road signs, maintain logs, etc.
• Must have knowledge of DOT regulations governing safe driving, hours of service, and inspection and maintenance.
• Must be available for scheduled and short notice scheduling to accommodate freight movements. • Must meet or exceed the medical standards of the U.S. Department of Transportation.
• Must satisfactorily pass a non DOT pre-employment drug test per company regulations.
• Must pass company assigned physical agility requirements.
• Must be able to spend at least 3 or 4 hours standing and short periods of the day walking on surfaces such as concrete, wood, metal and sometimes on slippery and wet surfaces.
• Must be able to hook/unhook various vehicle combinations, manually lower and raise landing gear, operate the fifth wheel release lever, climb into and out of vehicles, fuel vehicles and check engine oil and coolant levels.
• Driver will be required to work in many different conditions in various geographical locations across the nation. Drivers are subject to irregular work schedule.
• Drivers must be able to work indoors as well as outdoors, and in temperatures from –20 to 120 degrees Fahrenheit, plus or minus, in dry climates as well as wet climates.