Dean Foods Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Dean Foods Company
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Transportation & Warehousing
- Some High School
- Relocation Assistance
Barber's, a Dean Foods company, is excited to announce an opening for a Receiver position!
We offer excellent benefits and competitive pay with great growth opportunities!
*Shift details will be provided during the interview process.*
Job Description & Requirements
The Receiver is responsible for pumping incoming raw milk or cream from tank trucks into storage tanks, document and record volume into inventory.
- High Responsibility with quality and efficiency being the major concern.
- Pump incoming milk from tank trucks to storage tank, and compute and record volume of milk received.
- Weigh loaded truck on platform scale and records weight on log sheet.
- Dip and pour sample of milk from vent hole of truck into bottle for laboratory analysis.
- Take temperature of milk, and record data and temperature reading.
- May perform antibiotic and other laboratory tests as required.
- Transfer milk to tank, read milk*flow meter, and record volume pumped on record sheet.
- Wash and sanitize interior and exterior of tank.
- Weigh empty truck and record weight.
- Compute difference between loaded and unloaded weights of truck to verify accuracy of meter.
- Maintain communication with other departments, management and employees and notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production.
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information.
- Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
- Analyze process data and equipment performance data to improve quality, throughput, and troubleshoot.
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area.
- Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 6 months related experience required.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Experience within the food and beverage industry preferred.
- Must be able to stand, walk, kneel and bend for virtually the entire shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds frequently.
- Using a safety harness; will be required to climb high, restricted areas.
- Must be able to work in a wet environment. Some exposure to chemicals.
- [Delete if not Ice cream plant: For ice cream plants: Exposure to allergens.]
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to pass all pre*employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
Dean Foods considers marijuana (including medical marijuana) to be an illegal drug. Dean Foods will rescind offers of employment to applicants who test positive for marijuana (unless restricted from doing so by state or local law). Dean Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.