DIALYSIS CLINIC INC.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dialysis REACH CKD Care Coordinator RN
at DIALYSIS CLINIC INC.
- # of Openings
- 8713 Parkway East
REACH CKD is a division of Dialysis Clinic, Inc. (DCI) that provides care to patients who have chronic kidney disease. The program consists of education, care coordination and navigation services to ensure the best care possible for people with kidney disease Our CKD Care Coordinators are patient advocates that work closely with area physicians to prolong kidney function as long as possible and ensure a successful transition to treatment if needed.
The REACH CKD Care Coordinator provides education, care coordination, and navigation services for patients with Chronic Kidney Disease.
- Provide education and care coordination to individual patients and their families on the ongoing management of chronic kidney disease (CKD) and comorbid conditions, prolonging kidney function and modality choices.
- Assess the patient needs and coordinate CKD services with the social worker, dietitian, and biller (if applicable) as well as REACH program partners, such as medication therapy management (MTM) to facilitate patient engagement and improved care.
- Follow DCI and REACH policy and promote the REACH goals of prolonging kidney function and avoiding dialysis as long as medically possible, helping each patient make the choices best for him/her, improving management of risk factors and comorbid conditions, and if dialysis is needed, starting treatment in an outpatient setting with the best possible access.
- Navigate referrals for hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis access placement, transplant, palliative care, hospice or any other services deemed necessary by the referring physician.
- Actively encourage and act as an example of open communication between the physician, patient, staff and health care partners.
- Maintain all required documentation and provide timely updated information to the referring physician. Participate in all corporate requests for data entry and information to ensure accurate quality reports and monitoring.
- Ensure that monthly QAPI is done in a timely manner and documentation is done accordingly.
Education and Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited nursing program (BSB, AA, diploma).
- Applicant must have strong leadership skills, excellent communication skills and a demonstrated high level of clinical excellence.
- Experience in renal care, dialysis, or kidney transplantation.
- Ability to teach at a range of different education levels.
- Proficient with Microsoft applications to track progress and develop reporting tools.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Possesses and maintains a current license in the State as a registered nurse.
- Maintains current CPR certification.
DCI is a federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer-Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. If you are having difficulty using the online application system or would like to request other accommodations or application methods, please contact Doug Patterson at Accommodations@dciinc.org or 615-327-3061. Once a request has been made, DCI will initiate a discussion with you about your needs and whether an accommodation can be provided. DCI is committed to providing such accommodations where possible.
For more information about equal opportunity please see: