Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CAD Manager / Technician (Rail Civils / Structures) – Birmingham
at Jacob's Studio
Jacobs is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of full-spectrum technical, professional and consultancy services for industrial, commercial and government organisations globally. With more than 77,000 people globally, our teams collaborate, innovate and create. Our people are proud to have been behind some of the greatest consultancy and engineering feats over the past 70 years. We foster a collaborative and inclusive environment for our people, and our partners, and we want you to be a part of our growing business.
The Rail and Geotechnical Business unit consists of over 875 people, with people located in virtually every office within the UK. The rail part of the business includes Network Rail, TfL and HS2 amongst its biggest clients, with the geotechnical business serving virtually every operating unit within BIAF as well as cross line of activities into the nuclear and mining sectors.
The Birmingham office has a busy Rail team playing a key role in growing the rail business for the company. With recent increase in the portfolio of projects that we need to deliver, we are now looking to expand the team. This is a key position in the Rail-Civils team which will suit a committed and ambitious CAD manager/technician who has skills in project set up, supervision and preparation of CAD drawings for the rail sector.
- Establish and set up project CAD production systems.
- Administer and supervise Project CAD delivery to relevant standards and process.
- Maintain CAD quality.
- Undertake production of CAD drawings in accordance with relevant drawing standards, work will be developed in a digitally intelligent 3D model environment for drawing generation and asset data coding.
- Manage and store drawings and other project deliverables in accordance with Jacobs Quality and BIM standards and other requirements
- Resolve complex service delivery issues and complaints in an appropriate and timely manner in accordance with policies and procedures
- Supervise and manage CAD delivery team in collaoration with wider project team.
- Mentor and develop CAD team members
- Carry out other activities related to multi-disciplinary Rail projects as directed by the Rail Civils Discipline Lead.
·GCSE pass at grade C or above (or equivalent) in Maths and English Language
· HNC in Civil Engineering or Equivalent
· Knowledge and extensive experience of using Microstation/AECOsim 3D
· Knowledge and extensive experience of using BIM
· Knowledge of rail related design
·Excellent ICT skills
· Ability to work to deadlines
· HND in Civil Engineering or equivalent
· Extensive experience of working within the railway sector.
· Knowledge and experience of AutoCAD/Revit
· Knowledge and experience of using Projectwise
· Experience of R.C detailing
At Jacobs we have celebrated over 10 years of our culture of caring - ‘BeyondZero'. We see safety differently - we strive to go BeyondZero by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we promote STEM and WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) initiatives.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity.
To find out more about our networks, check out our website: http://www.jacobs.com/join-us#grow-with-us We encourage applications from candidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours' contracts.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.