Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Jacobs is one of the world's largest andmost diverse providers of full-spectrum technical, professional and consultancyservices for industrial, commercial and government organisations globally.
With more than 77,000 people globally, ourteams collaborate, innovate and create. Our people are proud to have beenbehind some of the greatest consultancy and engineering feats over the past 70years.
Wefoster a collaborative and inclusive environment for our people, and ourpartners, and we want you to be a part of our growing business.
We encourageapplications from candidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours'contracts.
Jacobs has an enviable reputation in the Highways UK consultancy sectoras a result of a portfolio of high profile projects with clients thatinclude the Highways England (HE), Transport Scotland, Welsh Government,National Contractors and numerous Local Authorities. Our plans to add tothis portfolio continue apace regionally and nationally.
- You will be part of a team of engineers and technicians working on a variety of different projects.
- As part of the design team you shall assist in the preparation of feasibility studies, scheme reports, preliminary and detailed Civils design for projects throughout the UK and Ireland. Projects could include highways, drainage or flooding works.
- You may be required to attend progress meetings and public exhibitions.
- Working in other offices may be necessary from time to time dependant on projects.
- A degree in Civil Engineering
- Knowledge of DMRB
- Experience in the design and procurement of highway schemes.
- Basic knowledge of project management and contractual issues.
- Good IT skills are essential.
- Confident with proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- Capable of managing a challenging workload subject to change at short notice.
- Driving licence
- Experience of MX/3D Civils would be an advantage.
- Experience of drainage design (WINDES or equivalent).
- Experience of construction supervision.
- Awareness of different contract types and procurement options.
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go ‘BeyondZero' by putting the health,safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our businessand we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also DisabilityConfident Committed;therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet theminimum criteria for a vacancy.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of GlobalNetworks, centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundationof our business and at the centre of our values.
To find out more about our networks, please visitour website; www.jacobs.com
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline PersonnelSecurity Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo variouschecks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History andCriminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria,then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who iscommitted to the safety and wellbeing of all.