Lavendon Group plc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mobile Service Engineer
at Lavendon Group plc
This is an excellent opportunity for an HGV engineer, PSV engineer or construction plant engineer to work on our market leading fleet of truck and van mounted booms based out of our depot in Wednesbury.
You'll work as part of a team to repair, inspect and maintain the fleet to a high standard and have strong customer facing skills.
In return you will receive a salary between £26,000 - £28,500 depending on experience, on-call allowance (£250 for seven days overtime, on-call 1 in 4 weeks), van fuel card, pension match up to 5% and 25 days holiday.
Responsibilities include: -
- Carry out pre-delivery inspections (PDI) of machines at client premises and at depot as required, and in conformance with manufacture's specification, company policy and the regulations affecting the use.
- Ensure that there is no deficiency or defect likely to affect the safe working of a machine. Notify appropriate manager of any defective or unsafe equipment.
- Repair machines at depot or on site as required to ensure conformance with manufactures specification and company policy.
- To complete planned maintenance activities including maintaining the appearance of the fleet to corporate standard.
- Accurately complete all relevant paperwork including engineer's report, off hire/pre-delivery inspection and service sheets.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant HGV engineering or construction plant engineering qualifications.
- Experience in plant, diesel engineering, auto electrics, hydraulics, diagnostics and fault finding.
- Class 1 or 2 licence preferred, but not essential.
- Have the ability to prioritise tasks and work well under pressure.
- Good interpersonal skills and a good understanding of the importance of excellent customer service.
Part of the Loxam Group, Nationwide Platforms is the UK's largest powered access specialist with a fleet of 11,000 machines operating from a network of 26 depots. With a workforce of more than 900 employees and 25 years' experience in working at height, it has unprecedented knowledge on the widest range of access platforms as well as expertise on specific product, site and working at height challenges.