Marriott International Incorporated
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Franchised General Manager
at Marriott International Incorporated
Job Number 19001041
Job Category Property Leadership
Location Residence Inn Birmingham Downtown at UAB, 821 20th Street South, Birmingham, Alabama, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Residence Inn
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at: https://re22.ultipro.com/CRE1007/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=14430
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Crescent Hotels & Resorts. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- Perform administrative duties including: reading and writing reports, dictating memorandums and orally communicating with guests, managers, corporate office, local associations, etc. Critically review reports of occupancy, revenue etc. Make judgments and implement changes to maximize profits. Supervise development of and revision to business plan, annual budget and annual and monthly forecasts, etc. Formulate complex reports. Communicate with the public, staff, corporate office and owners.
- Interview, hire supervise and counsel department managers in the efficient operation of their respective area(s). Meet with, develop and delegate improvement plans for operation and review performance of management team.
- Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and approve discipline and all terminations.
- Participate in community affairs and maintain positive public image for Crescent and hotel. Meet with potential and current clients and promote hotel.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
- Monitor cost control, property condition, cleanliness and quality of product and service throughout hotel. Greet and maintain rapport with associates and customers.
- Travel to attend corporate meetings, sales trips and serve on committees such as Research, Development and Standards committee.
- Appropriate handle associate issues in conjunction with Human Resources following Crescent policies.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Prior experience as a General Manager preferrer
- Brand experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of financial/accounting procedures.
- Ability to work AM and PM shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language fluently.
- Ability to be flexible with constantly changing environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Self-starting personality with an even disposition.
- Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
- Must be willing to pitch-in and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player.
- Basic mathematical skills and ability to make accurate mathematical calculations.
- Ability to effectively deal with guest and employee concerns in a friendly and positive manner.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.