Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Merchants Foodservice
- Clanton - Warehouse
- Clanton, AL, USA
- Full Time
This is an Operations position responsible for maintaining and coordinating all slotting processes in a cost efficient manner. Must maintain a balance between merchandising and the selection pick path.
- Determine warehouse placement of all incoming merchandise and ensures that merchandise is slotted within prior to receipt. Determine placement of new item merchandising and reports slot to appropriate staff in an effort to efficiently store merchandise for future delivery.
- Prepare slot changes identifying rearrangement of products. Move product, as needed, to make room for new products in an effort to efficiently utilize warehouse space and track product movement through the warehouse.
- Enter slot changes into the inventory tracking system to ensure that all product locations can be identified.
- Rearrange merchandise in the warehouse so as to maximize total cubic feet usage of available warehouse space.
- Identify "like items" that are slotted in such a way that the products may not be confused and mispicked; Separate items, as needed, to reduce the possibility of mispick and misdelivery of product to customers.
- Check slots of discontinued items to determine if product is totally gone. Approve the deletion of the item code numbers if product is totally removed in an effort to ensure that no product is wasted due to deletion from the inventory tracking system.
- Update, through data entry, slot changes, alterations, expansions, etc., in an effort to ensure that the system correctly identifies product location at all times.
- Plan and prepare a draft of warehouse racking expansion, as request, in an effort to ensure the fullest utilization of warehouse space. Determine additional racking components needs.
- Conform to appropriate equipment (i.e. forklifts, PIR machine & pallet jacks) operation rules and practices in an effort to reduce accidents and injuries.
- Ensure that assigned equipment is maintained and clean, and report repair or service needs to the equipment mechanic in an effort to reduce equipment damage.
- Observe all safety rules, regulations, and sanitation policies in an effort to reduce accidents, injuries, and equipment damage.
- Use equipment horns when driving out of storage areas into unobstructed view areas, and when entering walkways or row intersections in an effort to reduce accidents, injuries and equipment damage.
- Plug batteries into power outlet when not in use to ensure the availability of fully operational equipment.
Position Background Requirements:
- Strong work ethic and good communication skills required.
- Proactive attitude and ability to multi task.
- Solid working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook and other Microsoft programs.
- Self-starter and ability to work with different sets of teams and committees.
- Strong analytical background is required.
- Lift 50 pounds regularly and occasionally up to 100 pounds.