Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Alabama/Mississippi Commercial Pre-Sales/Systems Engineer
at Nutanix Inc
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 5,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
We are looking for an experienced, and motivated Pre-Sales/Systems Engineer to support a growing territory. In this role, you will report to the Systems Engineering Manager of Commercial South and partner with Account Managers to cover Commercial accounts in Alabama and Mississippi.
The Pre-Sales/Systems Engineer is a very prominent, high impact role responsible for establishing Nutanix as an innovative leader for the enterprise and closing transactions within assigned territories. We want someone who will be able to clearly articulate the value of Nutanix while respecting the overwhelming needs and responsibilities the Commercial sector faces. As a Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for identifying and matching technology opportunities with the customer’s business issues and objectives, as well as channel partner training and enablement.
About the team
Our Americas Systems Engineering organization is made up of 300+ customer-focused technical sales professionals who provide pre-sales consulting, technical guidance, and hands-on assistance to customers and Nutanix channel partners. Our System Engineering organization collaborates and partners with our sales teams to recommend and design effective and appropriate customer solutions based on Nutanix offerings. This team also acts in a consultative fashion and is looked to as an expert in his/her field by the Nutanix sales teams, business partners, and customers.
- Drive sales with technical expertise, account management skills, sales ability, and exceptional customer focus.
- Engage as part of a sales team to achieve or exceed revenue goals.
- Experience that demonstrates a strong level of expertise in technical specifications required to sell Nutanix products and services.
- Create and deliver technical product presentations and/or training sessions to channel partners and customers remotely or at customer locations and Nutanix facilities.
- Build long-term business relationships and become a trusted advisor within each account to identify opportunities and sell Nutanix solutions.
- Present Nutanix Solutions’ value proposition to customers and partners.
- Participate in the consultation to prospective users and/or product capability assessment and validation as it applies to the technical sales process.
- Install, support, and maintain Nutanix solutions at the pre-sales Proof of Concept deployments.
- Ability to leverage and maximize reseller and alliance partner relationships to increase sales performance.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- You have at least 5 to 8 years of Sales Engineering or Reseller experience in a high tech sales environment with a demonstrated track record of success in driving customer adoption of technology.
- You have a high level of specialized sales and product solution knowledge. This includes a thorough understanding of one or more of the following areas:
- Application Virtualization
- Server Virtualization
- Networking, Storage and Platform Performance/Sizing
- You have the ability to motivate, train, and conduct seminars with our partners to increase Nutanix revenues within assigned territory.
- You have a track record of success at maintaining relationships with technical resources at all levels of a customer organization.
- You are flexible, dependable, self-starter, and capable of quickly learning new products and technologies.
- You have direct professional experience with VMWare and have knowledge of Linux/Unix.
- You have experience selling servers, storage hardware, and networking.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Does this sound like you? Let’s talk!
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid, and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation, or harassment. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.