Royal Cup Coffee
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operations: Maintenance Tech 2
at Royal Cup Coffee
- Req No.
- Maintenance & Service
- Regular Full-Time
- 2nd Shift
Royal Cup, Inc. is the proven leader in sourcing, roasting, blending and providing high-quality coffees and fine teas since 1896 and is the chosen partner for restaurants, hotels, offices and commuters across the country.
We are a family-owned business rooted in a longstanding tradition of coffee roasting excellence who takes pride in our unparalleled dedication to customer care.
Royal Cup Coffee offers a competitive compensation plan and a comprehensive benefits program. On top of being a part of a well caffeinated team, the benefits program includes healthcare, dental, vision, company paid disability, 401(k), life insurance, Flexible Spending Account plan, and paid vacation. Tuition reimbursement plan includes up to 80% reimbursement per company criteria. Ongoing trainings designed to provide maximum success for our employees is offered.
- Provide maintenance work, to include, among other items, performing mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic troubleshooting and repair of a wide range of production machinery, building systems, and gas fired burners as well as performing repairs of same to meet performance objectives and ensure maintenance of safety, quality and efficiency.
- Safely and effectively use basic shop equipment, electric arc welder, basic hand tools including electric hand tools.
- Read a variety of control schematics and mechanical drawings.
- Ensure the proper records are kept and assist as needed in ensuring they are entered and maintained within a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) for tracking work orders, spare parts, supplies and maintenance history of plant equipment.
- Effectively communicate with Maintenance Lead Technician and Maintenance Supervisor as needed to ensure sharing of necessary information.
- Maintain sanitation and housekeeping at expected levels at all times.
- Participate in continuing training, embrace concepts of, and actively practice the Safety Programs to aid Royal Cup Coffee’s efforts to achieve a zero accident rate.
- Actively strive to manage activities to deliver against cost objectives.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and organized condition.
- Attend and participate in all company-mandated meetings.
- Train successfully in new skills and technology on a regular and continuing basis.
- Always be mindful of and adhere to GMP’s, Quality and Food Safety requirements.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures and guidelines.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Minimum Requirement: High School Diploma or Equivalent (for example, GED).
- 5+ years of experience as a Maintenance Technician within a manufacturing facility having exposure to the repair and maintenance of manufacturing and facility equipment. Experience with the operation and maintenance of Packaging & Roasting Machinery in a high volume, fast paced production facility is highly preferable.
- Prior experience with a CMMS is highly preferable.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software and strong general functional computer skills including web-based applications.
- Knowledge and experience with Lean Manufacturing principles, workflow and operational procedures.
- Solid understanding of LOTO and NFPA 70E regulations.
- Solid understanding of environmental, health, safety and food safety regulations.
- Proven experience in troubleshooting mechanical, electrical controls, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Must be able to perform the physical demands required to carry out the essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to carry out the essential job functions. The physical demands may include:
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, balancing, reaching with hands and arms, climbing, grasping, typing, reading, talking and hearing.
- Occasional stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift up to 100 pounds with the help of another employee.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work within the work environment characteristics experienced while performing the essential functions for this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Frequently working near production machinery and occasionally near hand jacks or forklifts.
- Frequently working in an environment with variable temperatures.
- Results focused with an analytical approach to problem solving.
- Strong organizational, people team-building, leadership and communication skills.
- Interested and capable of growing into positions of greater responsibility.
- Ability to pass a skill level pre-employment assessment for Maintenance Tech II position.
- Ability to work with and support others in a positive way.
- Ability to successfully complete the pre-employment process.