Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Automation Engineer I
at Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric's Energy Savings Performance Contracting (ESPC)business is seeking an Automation Engineer I to support its rapidly growingU.S. operations. The ESPC Automation team is responsible for developing andimplementing industry leading automated and connected solutions to digitize andoptimize the operations and physical systems of its clients to achieve greaterefficiency and sustainability. Clients include federal, state, county and citygovernments, military installations, K-12 school districts, and highereducation institutions.
The Automation Engineer I is responsible for assisting in detailed fieldsurveys and delivering comprehensive construction grade design documentationfor the turn-key installation of building automation, energy management, andintegrated systems. This role requires both the ability to work independentlyas well as in highly collaborative teams employing advanced communicationskills and a solid technical foundation. The successful candidate will operateunder the supervision and mentorship of a team of senior engineers whilereporting to an engineering team leader or engineering manager. This is anentry level position with opportunities of advancement. Experience with multiple building automationand control system manufacturers, IP level networking, and professionallicensure as an engineer or registration as an Engineer-in-Training (EIT) areall significant pluses. The ideal candidate will be passionate about leveragingIoT enabled technology to provide custom engineered solutions for our clientsto optimize their operations and facilities.
Learn more about the Energy Savings Performance Contracting businessat www.schneider-electric.us/enable
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Lead detailed automation design and engineering field audits
- Create automation scopes of work and cost estimates with minimal supervision
- Prepare technical audit reports
- Provide decision-making support for sales, engineering, and project management functions
- Analyze the performance of mechanical, electrical, and control systems and recommend changes to improve functionality and/or energy efficiency through multi-disciplinary Energy Conservation Measures
- Prepare automation hardware, network, and software designs
- Project management responsibilities including accountability for design budgets and deadlines
- Author sequences of operation for improved energy efficiency of HVAC equipment and other mechanical, electric, and pneumatic systems
- Create building automation and integrated system drawings and reports
- Assist in validation and commissioning hardware and project installations
- Ensure conformance to industry design standards and local codes
- Stay abreast of new technological developments/releases and apply to projects and processes where beneficial
- Assist clients and team members with any BAS operation, software, or networking problems
- Participate in strategic initiatives as assigned to drive continuous improvement
- Deliver solutions with first-time quality while maintaining high levels of internal and external client satisfaction
The qualifications below are representative of the education,experience, skills and/or abilities required. A qualified candidate will meetthe minimum requirements as listed in each subsection.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, preferably mechanical, electrical, energy, computer science, or related field of study or equivalent work experience
· Entry level position, but applicable academic courses or worldexperience a plus
· Working knowledge of Schneider Electric BAS platforms (Vista,StruxureWare, Can2Go, Continuum, I/Net, Tridium/Niagara and/or Invensys) highpreferred.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Capacity for analytical thought and proven problem-solving aptitude
- Detail-oriented while also understanding of the “bigger picture”
- Understanding and technical knowledge of HVAC equipment and building mechanical/electrical systems
- Knowledge of current generation Building Automation Systems from Schneider Electric and competing manufacturers highly perferred
- Understanding of energy metering technologies and applications (electrical, water, gas, BTU, etc.)
- General knowledge of low-voltage electrical contracting and construction methods
- Familiarity with IP level networking and open protocols including BACnet, LON, and MODBUS
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office programs including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project
- Advanced organizational skills including the ability to handle multiple demands and assignments while prioritizing tasks effectively and efficiently
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills including listening effectively and soliciting input from others
- Ability to work effectively as a true team player including mentoring and coaching less experienced team members
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The following activities are representative ofthose that must be performed by an employee to successfully accomplish theprimary job responsibilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enableindividuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties:
- Moving over rough or uneven surfaces
- Recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities
- Recurring lifting of moderately heavy to light items and transporting of items such as a ladder, tools, laptop computer and luggage
- Driving an automobile
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The following environmental characteristics arerepresentative of those that an employee encounters while performing theprimary duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enableindividuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties:
- While performing the primary functions of the job, the employee will operate in an office environment
- During project site visits, the employee will be exposed to outside weather conditions, roof tops, and attics, as well as mechanical and electrical equipment rooms which could consist of confined spaces and loud noises
- Employee may work in different environments while on various job sites
- This job will require approximately 40-60% travel to project sites, both international and domestic
- Carrollton, TX (Dallas metropolitan area)
- Birmingham, AL
Relocation assistance is available.
- A growing global company with a positive corporate culture
- Recognized leader among energy services companies (ESCOs)
- Strong team culture and respected sales organization
- Competitive salary and bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits package including a generous 401k match and employee discount stock purchase program
- Commitment to team member development including extensive in-house/external training options and a tuition reimbursement program
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open,passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees toreflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcomepeople as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversityare of real value to the company. We're looking for people with apassion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have tosay about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any positionwith us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment andadvancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training,transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race,religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, militarystatus, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protectedcharacteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not acceptunsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal OpportunityEmployer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employmentwithout regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genderidentity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not bediscriminated against on the basis of disability.