Union Bank & Trust Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CollegeCounts 529 Representative - Alabama
at Union Bank & Trust Company
Position Summary: As a member of the Union Bank 529 College Savings Group, this individual will be responsible for effectively communicating the features and benefits of the Alabama CollegeCounts 529 Fund to current and prospective clients, community groups, employers, organizations, and financial professionals. They will be involved in coordinating and conducting grass roots calling activities across the state. This professional will live in Alabama and travel extensively across the state.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Research “grass roots” opportunities to pursue within Alabama
- Implement in person “grass roots” calling campaigns and initiatives
- Assist in servicing existing relationships with financial professionals, employers, hospitals, libraries, schools, and other organizations
- Travel to visit brokers, investment advisors, and other professionals with current business to provide service excellence and to strengthen the relationship they have with CollegeCounts.
- Identify, call on, and convert financial advisors into producing financial advisors.
- Plan, schedule appointments, and implement effective weekly travel trips throughout the state of Alabama.
- Attend and promote CollegeCounts at various local and regional conferences and events.
- Provide 529 Field Rep Coordinator with regular updates on activity.
- Perform other job related duties or special projects as assigned.
- Highly motivated individual – takes initiative and task oriented
- Detail oriented, well-organized, self-starter with high energy
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Independent with a team orientation and coachable
- Passion for client and prospect interaction
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of financial markets, investment, tax or financial planning preferred.
- Project a strong professional image with ability to positively promote UB’s 529 and service excellence philosophy.
- Fluency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
- When hired, will spend the first 2 months training at the UB 529 College Savings headquarters in Lincoln, NE
- Weekly travel required – 75% travel time
- Lifting and/or carrying up to 40 lbs. occasionally
- Moderate exposure to outdoor elements or hazards